Sunday 14 February 2010

Terrariums

I have been hit by the terrarium craze. Oh my goodness I love making them!

Glow-in-the-dark Fimo rocks. I made mushrooms for the terrariums (what's more than one terrarium? Terraria?) out of Fimo, and I built them on little metal pins. So they're easy to stick into the moss.


A moss terrarium I made for my lovely, crafty friend Sarah. The little mushroom glowing in the dark is too cute! I used a Bonne Maman jam jar (which was strawberry flavour I think) because I wanted the mushroom to match. It was quite hard giving this one away!

Close-up of the little glow-in-the-dark mushrooms I made for Patrick's birthday terrarium.

His jar came from Ikea. His bedroom is quite modern, so I wanted a modern jar to go with it. The mushrooms are growing on a tiny little hill!

A little fairy ring! It's straight out of Enid Blyton's Faraway Tree stories.

When I was back in West Wales a few weekends ago, I was telling my Mam about my plan to make terrariums and she found me this old sweet jar. It was in a cupboard and was covered in cobwebs, proper old!

They're about a fortnight old now, and the moss is growing lush and green. A few insects have appeared, there must have been some eggs hidden in the moss. I've left the jar outside with the lid off to give them a chance of flying away; I don't want them to starve in my terrarium. I'll try and take some more pictures to show the moss looking lovely and cushiony.

3 comments:

Easyknitter said...

ooh oooh I want I want... I want a Tere-rer-ere-a- ium thing :-)

I want glow in the dark toadstools :-)

YAY for making things!

The Fern and Mossery said...

Very adorable terrariums. I really like your glow in the dark mushrooms.

May I share them on my blog? All things terrarium=

http://www.thefernandmossery.com/

Andrew Craig Williams said...

Thank you! Post away, you have a great blog x

Related Posts with Thumbnails